Call for Submissions: Tweens, Teens & How You Use Media!
If you are between the ages of 10-18 the Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop wants to hear from YOU! The video you share may be featured in presentations about our By/With/For Youth: Inspiring Next Gen Public Media Audiences project (https://joanganzcooneycenter.org/next-gen-public-media/). We want to give YOU the chance to tell adults what young people LIKE YOU are thinking about!
All completed entries will be entered into a random drawing for one of 5 $20 gift cards. To be eligible, please be sure to enter a parent or guardian’s valid email address.
WE NEED YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN’S PERMISSION
We’ll also need a signed media release form ( https://bit.ly/ngpmvideo) — by you and your parent or guardian. — uploaded here. If you have a gmail account, please use this form to upload your files, or send them to us at email@example.com.
Please prop up your camera to shoot in landscape/horizontal format and make sure your head and shoulders are centered in the frame. Please record this in a quiet space without activity in the background.
Please record a brief intro sharing your name, age, and where you live.
We’d love to hear a little from you about your favorite things about the kinds of media (shows, games, social media) that make up your ‘media diet’? What are your least favorite things?
And then pick any three (or more) of the following questions to answer. Please include the question in your video response:
- Where do you get news?
- I use social media to:
- My favorite social media platforms are:
- I like to follow: (people? topics?)
- When I have free time, I like to:
- When I think of public media: (for example, PBS, NPR)
- Here’s one piece of advice I’d give to people making media (e.g. videos, shows, TikToks, podcasts) who want to reach young people like me:
- If I could wave a magic wand and change one thing about the internet, it would be….: